Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sneak peek at what's next...

Here's a look at the quilt that I mentioned a few posts ago. I found it in a trunk of things belonging to my great-grandmother. (That line sounds like it was pulled from a book, but I swear, that's where I found it!)



It's pretty big--probably full or queen size? I couldn't fit all of it into my shot, so what you see is what you get! :-)




This is the back side. No batting, no backing...just the front part was completed.




Well, almost completed. A few of the pieces disintegrated or ripped--my sewing teacher couldn't figure out what happened. I removed those pieces and will be adding some other old fabric I found into the holes.

Hopefully I'll be posting updates sooner rather than later!

ETA: That's my left hand in the picture. I just realized that I do have a "band" from my rings. I'm so pale and never tan, yet the skin where my rings lie IS a bit lighter! Funny ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!