1. Healthy weight. Off certain meds.
Not yet. Getting there. On a new plan to get this nipped in the bud. More to come.
2. Relax! Slow down!
I'm getting a bit better at asking for help when I need it, but I still do a lot of stuff, especially on Sundays. It feels like my entire day is doing house chores, but part of me really likes it. Freak.
3. Have fun
Ehh, same as before. We did do a spontaneous day trip around my birthday.
4. Read more
I bought these before Christmas:
- Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon
- The False Friend, by Myla Goldberg
- In Country, by Bobbie Ann Mason
- In Search of the Rose Notes, by Emily Arsenault
- What to Expect Before You're Expecting (hey, forewarned is forearmed!)
5. Pray more.
I think I'm doing this.
6. Have more of a focus, or point, on this blog.
Um, not really.
1. Dial it down a notch.
Probably not, since my boss is a jackass and can be condescending. He infuriates me.
2. Get in EARLY instead of on time or barely on time.
Yes and no. Some weeks I'm on the ball, some weeks, not so much.
3. Keep my inbox (email), desk, and folders clean.
YES! Our department moved to another location in the office, so that move spurred a huge purging of stuff I've had since I started over five years ago.
4. Get away from my desk more, including my half hour lunch.Not as good as I could be about this. It's tough sometimes. Hopefully now that the weather is even nicer, I'll want to get out and away.
1. Mantel for our "library."
Not yet. We think we want to go with blue stone, like what's in front of the fireplace. Now to go to the stone store.
2. Kitchen floors redone.
Need to call for estimate.
3. Rest of the upstairs painted.
The lady I used last year is coming back April 2nd!!And it'll be $300 cheaper than last year.
4. All carpet ripped out and replaced with wood.
Not sure when this will happen. When I get the estimate for the kitchen, I might have them look at the upstairs. I think we might go with Pergo-like material, since it's cheaper, versus the "real" hardwood that's downstairs.
5. New doors for the two bedrooms upstairs.
Not yet. The painting lady is going to fix them and paint them.
6. Buy some more furniture.
7. Power wash house, back deck, and front porch.Soon, now that it's warmer.
8. Hang some more things on the walls.
Not yet, even though we have things to hang!
1. Get back on track with saving at least one of C's checks.So far, so good.
2. Split up our savings account into different accounts.Chris doesn't think this is necessary, so we're holding for now.
3. Change some accounts to have both of our names on them (leftovers from before we were married).Not yet.
4. Buy life insuranceFinally! We filled out the worksheet and sent it back. We're meeting with our financial guy in a few weeks to discuss it and also to do an annual review of our portfolios.
5. Stick to a budget!I guess? I don't know, I feel like it's so easy to overspend in some categories some months, then other months, be fine. There's no debt, so that's good.