1. Healthy weight. Off certain meds.
My weight is the lowest it's been in a LONG time, but there's more to go. I've lost around 20 pounds? And lots of inches. In the meds department, the big one that I was always alluding to but hadn't mentioned until I discontinued it was the pill. I will write a post about that soon about why I was on it exactly and my thoughts about if I had been mislead by doctors. I'm also going to be writing a post for my friends over at IUseNFP!
2. Relax! Slow down!
It was up and down thorughout the year. Some days I'd be completely lazy, other days back to my Type A ways. It's hard to find a balance. Although these days, due to my job loss, I have plenty of time to do whatever and not rush. Which can also backfire...
3. Have fun
Not too much. We don't do well with stress around here...which leads to not doing much of anything.
4. Read more
I'd posted that I bought these books before Christmas 2011:
- Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon
- The False Friend, by Myla Goldberg
- In Country, by Bobbie Ann Mason
- In Search of the Rose Notes, by Emily Arsenault
- What to Expect Before You're Expecting (hey, forewarned is forearmed!)
5. Pray more.
I find myself praying spontaneously throughout the day. Nothing formal or structured.
6. Have more of a focus, or point, on this blog.
1. Dial it down a notch.
In March, I wrote this: "Probably not, since my boss is a jackass and can be condescending. He infuriates me." Apparently I didn't dial it down enough, since I lost my job in November.
2. Get in EARLY instead of on time or barely on time.
Yes and no. Some weeks I'm on the ball, some weeks, not so much. (This was the same for the rest of the year)
3. Keep my inbox (email), desk, and folders clean.
I did...not that it matters anymore.
4. Get away from my desk more, including my half hour lunch.
Some days I did, some days I didn't. Towards the end of my employment, I was making a lot of personal calls on my breaks and during lunch, so I was getting outside more, but not for good reasons.
1. Mantel for our "library."
We did this! In December, as a Christmas gift from my parents!
2. Kitchen floors redone.
Not yet, still need to call for estimate, although I don't know when we'll actually get around to it, with me not working.
3. Rest of the upstairs painted.
4. All carpet ripped out and replaced with wood.
Still not done.
5. New doors for the two bedrooms upstairs.
Don't need to, thankfully. The painting lady fixed the holes that the previous owners' sons had punched, and she repainted them. They look 99% better.
6. Buy some more furniture.
7. Power wash house, back deck, and front porch.
Parts were power washed, but more to come this spring.
8. Hang some more things on the walls.
1. Get back on track with saving at least one of C's checks.
We did it sometimes, but that's gone out the window now that I'm not working. Although it would be funny to try and save my unemployment...
2. Split up our savings account into different accounts.
Same as in March: Chris doesn't think this is necessary, so we're holding for now.
3. Change some accounts to have both of our names on them (leftovers from before we were married).
Haha, nope, not yet.
4. Buy life insurance
We started the process, and then Chris got his diagnosis right when the life insurance company was supposed to come do their little exam. Postponed until we know what's going on with his health, and can hopefully pass.
5. Stick to a budget!
Ha. We're not in debt, but I'd like tighter control on spending. It's hard, with unplanned expenses that pop up. That's life though.