Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bathroom update

The wallpaper is GONE and the ceiling has been treated with 2 coats of Kilz, as I posted last week.

Yesterday I painted the ceiling, and will do another coat today.

HOPEFULLY I can start the wall color on Tuesday? Maybe??? (Monday is my last sewing class :( ) I am SO excited to crack open that can that's been sitting in the bathroom for a week now.

The trim is troubling to me though. I'm not sure if I should prime it. It's dusty rose or pink or whatever heinous color. So is the door. I want those to be white. I'm wondering if the white paint will "lay" better on primed materials...hmm...

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. just for fun....calculate the hours you are working on the bathroom and multiply by the going rate for a contractor. You will be so proud of your work and all of your 'sweat equity'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh good one! I will think back to what I've done so far and post that when I post the "after" pictures.


    I did end up priming the door and the window trim last night. Will prime the baseboard just before I start cutting in for the walls. Almost there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak up!