Saturday, January 21, 2012

Shopping Saturday

Sorry for the disjointedness of the blog these past few days (if you've noticed). I didn't go shopping this week nor was it done on Saturday. C went yesterday, on his day off (he has Fri & Sat off), and only spent about $79!!

What did he get? I don't know exactly. He lost the receipt in the parking lot when the wind kicked up. It's fine, I don't know if I was getting much out of these itemized posts and I don't think anyone out there really cares about what we buy, ha!

While I wanted to only spend $300 on food this month, here is it January 21, and we've spent almost $500. The good news is that at least $100 of this was stuff that's been frozen for later. There was also a huge amount of canned goods purchased one week. I am willing to bet that we'll CONSUME about $300 worth of food this month.

I feel so...wasteful? for spending so much money on food when I know people are feeding much bigger households on the same amount or even less. Why does food have to cost so much? Rhetorical questions which will never be answered...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!