Monday, March 29, 2010

March is almost over...


And I don't think we'll be going to the grocery store between now and Wednesday...which means I can now tally up how much we've spent on food this month.

Of course, it would help if I had my spreadsheet with me, wouldn't it? Good job!

I looked at the numbers last night, and I think I was somewhere in the $350-400 range. Which is MUCH MUCH better than the past few months.

Of course, our takeout bill for March was a little higher than usual. Whoops. Good job!

(Both "good jobs" are sarcasm, by the way...)

Some observations about this little challenge:
1) we really paid attention to what we were using and buying
2) I shopped the sales more carefully (I do most/all of the grocery shopping)
3) we made do with what we had and didn't do any last minute running out to the store, although there was one trip when Turtle got the amazing idea to break open the grill for the first hot dogs of the season...and we didn't have any buns, so I had to stop by the market on the way home...

I don't know if I'm going to keep this challenge going, or do it so "official" but I will still keep a close eye on what we're buying and how much of our money is being spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!